Saturday 20 October 2007

Today's Lesson

Ahh, yet again another valuable life lesson brings itself forward.
Never get your hopes up about anything

Following my Interview at Positive Outcomes on Wednesday we were told they would be contacting the applicants by phone on Friday.

Staying in all day I never got a single call, which alone started to make me wonder if I was going to be contacted at all. I tried calling towards the end of the day and got straight through to the answer phone.

By that time I had given up and wondered if we would be contacted Monday instead given that there was a longer delay when we were originally told between the initial interview and that second one.

Just this morning (well, afternoon when the Postmen finally arrived) I received a letter through the door which basically said it was a "difficult decision" and that I hadn't been accepted for the position.

Now, it's not the fact I didn't get the position that had had me wound up most of today it's the fact they sent out a letter no doubt done using MailMerge and wasn't even personalized. I'm surprised it was even signed, but they could have at least gave each applicant a personal call to let us know directly as they originally said- It wouldn't have took any longer then writing and sending letters.

Perhaps my opinion about the place took a brick to the face after this.
I just hope the person who did get the position was as interested in working there as I was first off, and that the others who didn't get the position don't feel as rotten as I did earlier.

Nevertheless, it does now mean I have to start at yet another thirteen week course through the Job Centre this monday coming at a place called Evolve. The opinions I have heard about the place don't exactly sound encouraging, but perhaps I will still find a way to turn that around, will have to wait and see.

My initial personal opinion of Evolve isn't all that great either considering I received a second letter from them on Thursday that gave me directions to their Nottingham office when I live in Mansfield. Sure, it's only about a 40 minute bus ride, but navigating Nottingham isn't an easy task especially since I've not lived there for 4 years or so now.
I'll be going to the Mansfield office as the first letter stated, and if it is indeed the wrong address then I just won't bother showing up afterwards.

Well, I'll just have to keep looking to see what comes up in the future.
I swear they don't listen to circumstances though- They know I cannot get a drivers license due to my glaucoma (a condition in the eyes) yet still try to get me to search in areas I physically cannot get to, especially with the reliability of public transport nowadays.

No comments: