Wednesday 17 October 2007

After Interview Jitters

Left today around 10:15 to arrive around 10:20, ten minutes early for my Interview at Positive Outcomes.

Went pretty well actually; was a small short IT Assessment just prior which took about five minutes. Seriously, all it was - was just three simple questions.

Had to visit one website then rewrite a summary of some latest news, followed by visiting two other sites to find a telephone number and directions.
Rather simple really, but I do see how it may hold a purpose.

Despite been an Apprentice Position they will be training the successful applicant towards both level 2 and level 3 NVQ's (National Vocational Qualification) in Adminstration, which would obviously need a small amount of experience prior.

The Interview itself was a simple one-on-one discussion and quite relaxed really. I was asked some simple questions, mostly what I had done since leaving school.

I do not know what my chances are as they were interviewing two, maybe three other applicants for the same position who would have had times after my own.
I do have past experience working towards an NVQ however after doing a Level-2 qualification in Animal Care after leaving school so that was a definite booster, plus my background in IT using computers at home.

They will apparently be letting us know this Friday, so fingers crossed!

My actual opinion of the place was quite high, definitely some place I could work been it was actually a rather relaxed environment and if successful would be working in several different departments to gain a wider range of experience, not something available in a lot of companies.

I look forward to Friday, despite been a little anxious.
Even if I don't get the position just to be accepted to that Second Interview was a nice surprise.

No comments: