Wednesday 21 November 2007

Dialup = Slow

Well, we're still trying to sort things out over at the new home but the majority of it is done.

The main issue is due to the phone line still not been disconnected from the business line BT are messing us around to get both the phone and Internet sorted.

I was previously connecting with an unstable wireless boardband connection from a network in the area, but it was practically impossible to get anything done.
Over the weekend we got in touch with my brother in law and he got us a number for a dialup connection to use temporarily, which is what I'm using right now.

It may be slow, but at least it's stable and allowed me to keep up with a few things, including a project for Kapi-Regnum, which will be released there as soon as possible once I can get the damn Internet sorted for a decent connection. I have been doing work on it in the mean time though so it won't take much hopefully to sort everything out.

On a good side though I actually got my wish yesterday while on this damn 13 week course. I'm on placement over at Willow Tree Family Farm in Shirebrook, Nottinghamshire - I've worked there for almost two years before, and have always enjoyed the work even now. It is hard work at times, but your virtually guaranteed a good laugh.

I've about 7 or 8 weeks left of the 13 week course, and currently will be spending Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays up at the farm.

I also managed to arrange to get a new pair of boots (or "Riggers" even) for while working there, which were desperately needed as my old ones were falling apart practically. The downside was I had already been down to where I got them once already today so had to do another hour round trip to get down to fetch them inspite fact I had already gone for an Interview with my adviser at the Job Centre, which is only about 5~10 minutes away from where I went to fetch the damn boots and it takes about ~20 minutes just to get to the JC from the training center.

At least in one particular post on Regnum it gave me reason to look up a certain video which never fails to put a smile back on my face.
Assuming it works I've embedded the video below.

No comments: