Sunday 11 May 2008

Finally - a New Post!

Well, It has been a long while since I've checked in here; hasn't it?
I'd been very busy over the December/January period, and just lost track of this until going to find an example banner link for someone.

Unfortunately, I don't exactly have a lot to say about what's new in the world.
I'm still unemployed and been hassled half to death by the Job Centre, often to the point now where it seems the only realise I get is my continued work at Willow Tree Family Farm as a volunteer.

Potentially there is possibly in the future for a few paid hours on the farm, but try telling the Job Centre that -- They still insist on giving me other jobs to apply for, including recently a Farm-Hand position 6am to 6pm.

Why is that a problem? Buses here don't start until 6:20am, and I cannot drive. To get to that location it's three buses, or two buses and a mile walk with a good few minutes between arrival times. After working it out the earliest I could get to the location would be 8:40am, and that's assuming I wouldn't miss one of the buses en-route. A pure example as to how thick they are sometimes.

Anyhow, enough of real life problems.

Over the past few months I've been involved with a project called the Regnum Journal, a newspaper like feature for the game Kapi-Regnum, linked to the left. I've been working on the project since December, and it's really done wonders for keeping me busy and boosting my knowledge of web design, not to mention tapping into my interest of medieval history.

http://www.kapi-regnum.com/zeitung.php4?UIN=&ausgabe=11

That link will take you to the most recent edition of the Journal, Edition Eleven. I've been working on the project alone until this point where two new editors have joined the team to assist with the working for Edition Twelve onwards which will greatly assist with spreading out the workload and taking off a bit of pressure, at least, that's the plan behind it all anyway! ;)

Kapi-Regnum itself is a Medieval Economy Simulation Game. Your the dictator over a small town which you must build new buildings and expand to satisfy the needs of your people, and of course your own advancement to activate new features. In the beginning you do need a bit of time to setup, but later on you can spread the work out a little so you can involve yourself just as much as you want according to the amount of time you have available.
It's certainly worth looking into, even if your only joining to read the Regnum Journal :D

A new game from the creators of Kapi-Regnum has also recently been published. Molehill Empire is a gardening style game in which you must plant a various range of flowers, fruits, herbs, and vegetables, all the while watching out for Moles, and removing herbs and rocks from your beginning garden.

You can plant your garden in any way you wish, perhaps you could try your hand at different designs whether it be for a heart or even something more complex. The possibilities are endless and with increasing ranges for colour as you advance in features, how can you resist?

No comments: